Manry-Rawls Respects Your Privacy
At Manry-Rawls Insurance, we are committed to protecting your privacy as a visitor to this Web site and as our customer. Information may be collected from Users during their visits to this Site in order to allow Manry-Rawls to provide better service. We take our obligation to safeguard and secure your personal information very seriously. We want you to understand how we protect your privacy and when we collect and use your information. To our visitors and to our customers, we offer this pledge:
We will ask you to provide your personal information to us when you enroll for coverage and when you purchase an insurance policy from us. We will also ask you to provide your personal information to us when you send e-mail to us from this Web site. During the quoting, application, or claims handling processes at Manry-Rawls, we may ask you to provide your name, home address, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number, date of birth, and driver’s license number. This information will be provided to the insurance company when you purchase an insurance policy so they can establish you as a policyholder. We will maintain a record of your information at the offices of Manry-Rawls Insurance. so we can provide you with policyholder service. The employees of Manry-Rawls Corporation are each required to sign and acknowledge a Confidentiality And Nondisclosure Agreement. Each employee has been instructed on maintaining the privacy of each customer and the importance of protecting the customer's personal information.
When you purchase an insurance policy from Manry-Rawls Insurance, you will pay the premiums with your credit card or personal check. If you use your credit card to pay the premium, your credit card information is deleted from our records after your purchase has been authorized. A transaction number will be provided to you on your Binder of Insurance. You may use this transaction number as a reference to the credit card purchase. We do not keep a record of your credit card information. If you pay the premium using your personal check, we will keep a copy of your check in your file.
When you send us e-mail from this Web site, you will provide us with certain personally identifiable information including your e-mail address.
A cookie is a piece of data that is stored on a visitor's hard drive while they are visiting this Web site. We may utilize a short-lived form of cookie when you visit this site. At Manry-Rawls, a cookie is only used to identify one unique visitor from another visitor during a particular session. A session is the period of active site-use while that unique visitor is linked to our server. We may use cookie technology during a session as a tool to carry forward your input information during the enrollment process. This enables the visitor to input their information once and have the information appear later during the enrollment process. No personally identifiable information is stored on the cookie. The cookie expires and is deleted from the visitor's computer as soon as they close their browser or if they are not actively browsing our Web site for more than 20 minutes. Should a previous visitor to our Web site return for a new session, they will be issued a new cookie and in no way will they be recognized as a visitor from a previous visit or session.
Manry-Rawls Corporation collects information that is not personal information about Users to measure traffic on the Site. This information is collected automatically on an aggregate basis (“Aggregate Information”) through the use of a “cookie” or small text file placed on the User’s hard drive by the User’s Internet browser. The cookie allows Manry-Rawls to track the number of hits or visits to various pages on the Site. The cookie is used only during a single connection to the Site, and is not used to track User activity after leaving the Site. The cookie is permanently disabled when the User exits the Site and information about individual Users is not collected, saved or distributed to others by Manry-Rawls except as provided for in this Policy. Aggregate Information helps Manry-Rawls understand Users’ needs, improve the Site, and demonstrate to others the volume and nature of Site traffic.
Information from Third Parties
We may receive Information about you from consumer reporting agencies, which provide us with motor vehicle reports, claim reports, and/or credit information where permitted by law. When you ask for a rate quotation, we may obtain credit information if permitted by applicable state law.
Third Party Links
Internet Specific Security
Physical safeguards, procedural controls and data access controls protect your data from unauthorized access. Manry-Rawls Corporation continually monitors our systems to prevent unauthorized attempts at intrusion.
Manry-Rawls uses strong, 128-bit encryption and SSL, short for Secure Sockets Layer, a protocol for transmitting private information via the Internet. SSL uses a private key to encrypt data that is transferred over the SSL connection. This protocol is a standard used by many websites when you submit confidential information, such as credit card numbers and other personal data. SSL creates a secure connection between your browser and our server. Addresses of web pages using an SSL connection start with https: instead of http: and most browsers also display an icon of a closed padlock when you visit a page using SSL.
Note: Our web pages are designed for, and verified with, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.x, and Firefox 2.x. Presentation and layout of our pages is best appreciated using these browsers. Many other browsers will also work with our site.
The Information We Disclose
Information about our customers or former customers will only be disclosed as permitted or required by law. Information about you that has been collected is maintained in your policy and/or claims records.
We use this Information to process and service your policy; to settle claims; with your consent; or as directed by you. We may also disclose it to persons or organizations as necessary to perform transactions you request or authorize. Information about our former customers and about individuals who have obtained quotes from us is safeguarded to the same extent as Information about our current policyholders.
Following are some examples of how we may disclose Information:
- We must exchange Information about you with our agents, investigators, appraisers, attorneys, and other persons who are or will become involved in processing your application and servicing your policy or any claims you may make.
- When you are involved in a claim, policy information is provided to adjusters and the businesses that will repair your vehicle.
- We may share Information with persons or organizations that we have determined need the Information to perform a business, professional, or insurance function for us. These include businesses that help us with administrative functions.
- If the law in your state permits, we may share Information with financial institutions with which we have a joint-marketing agreement. All of these entities are obligated to keep the Information that we provide to them confidential and to use the Information only for the purpose for which the Information was provided.
- Information may be provided to organizations conducting actuarial research or audits. In this case, you will not be individually identified in any research report. The organization must agree not to re-disclose the Information and the Information will be returned to us or destroyed when it is no longer needed.
- We may also share your Information for other permitted purposes, including:
- with another insurance company if you are involved in an accident with their insured
- with our reinsurers
- with insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud
- with medical professionals or institutions in order to verify coverage or conduct operations or services audits
- with state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities
- if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order
- Physical safeguards, procedural controls and data access controls protect your data from unauthorized access. We continually monitor our systems to prevent unauthorized attempts at intrusion.
There are steps you can take to enhance your security whenever you are online including the following:
- Use an Internet firewall (hardware or software).
- Use current software and operating system versions; get updates and security patches regularly.
- Use anti-virus software and download updates frequently.
- Use your own PC.
- Choose a hard-to-guess password; change your password regularly.
- Use a unique Username/Password, not one you use on other websites.
- Use strong 128-bit encryption available in the latest version of your browser.
- When finished, logoff the website and close your browser.
- For additional security, you can also clear your browser's cache and temporary Internet files.
Our Intellectual Property is for Your Noncommercial Use
ManryRawls.com is provided for your information, so we want you to feel free to access our website, download, save, and/or print any information you need. However, just as you protect your property from theft and inappropriate use, we need to protect our intellectual property from similar harm. All of the materials on this website, including the organization and layout of this website and all graphics and logos, are owned and copyrighted by Manry-Rawls Corporation. You may access, download, and print materials from this website for your personal noncommercial use, but understand that by doing so you do not obtain any rights, interest, or title to the materials you read, print, or download. You cannot copy, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, link to, or frame in another website or use on any other website, or transfer or sell any information obtained from this website without written permission from Manry-Rawls Corporation. Note that all information on our website is designed and intended for “human consumption” and not machine interpretation. Accordingly, data extractions techniques such as web or screen scraping are strictly prohibited.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
By using this website, you warrant to Manry-Rawls Corporation that you will not use this website or any of its contents for any unlawful use, or any use that is otherwise prohibited pursuant to these terms. Any violation of this provision will result in prompt revocation of our permission granted to you to use this website.
301 N. Main Street
Franklin, Virginia 23851
ALL INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. IN NO EVENT SHALL MANRY-RAWLS, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AND/OR ITS AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, MATERIALS, AND/OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MANRY-RAWLS, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, OR ANY OF ITS AGENTS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.