Our in-house claims department responds to claims quickly and makes certain you are compensated fairly for each covered loss. Karen Bradshaw, Senior Claims Manager, is always prepared to explain the claims process, answer any questions, and help you through your most difficult times.
Immediately after an accident take the following steps:
- Remain calm. Do not argue.
- Move your vehicle out of harm's way and turn off the ignition.
- Make sure everyone is OK - Call for medical assistance if necessary...
- Contact the police! By reporting the accident to the police and filing a report, you will help protect yourself from potential liability claims and legal action.
- License Numbers (Driver's, Commercial, etc.)
- Insurance Company Information
- Note: Weather and Road Conditions
- Record the Names and Telephone Numbers of ANY Witnesses.
- Exchange information with involved parties! (Note: in some areas, police officers at the scene may restrict contact between parties.)
When reporting a claim, have the following information handy:
- Date and Location of the Occurrence
- Insurance Card
- Insurance Information and Phone Number of ALL Involved Parties.
- General Description of what occured.
- Police Department Involved and Report Number.